Welcome to the CompTIA A+ Certification (220-1001) Practice Tests. from Cloud Academy.Are you ready to pass the CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) exam in first attempt? Find out by testing yourself with this new offering on Udemy. Each of questions in this practice test set provide an entire exam’s worth of questions, enabling you to confirm your mastery of the topics and providing you with the confidence you’ll need to take your CompTIA A+ Certification Core 1 (220-1001) exam.
Being CompTIA A+ certified is definitely worth it when it comes to landing entry-level jobs. It is recognized as one of the very first certifications that prospective IT pros should obtain. It validates enough general knowledge and skills about computers and networking to be useful.
Earning A+ certification can open a lot of doors for you. Whether it’s networking or IT security, the new A+ provides you with the foundational knowledge you need to be successful in all areas of IT. When you’re ready to narrow your focus and go-vendor specific, your A+ certification will certainly have been worth it.
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today’s core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today’s digital world.
In this practice test set, we’ll cover all the topics included in A+ Core 1 exam objectives. The practice test questions are weighted like the exam.
Exam Domain 1.0 Mobile Devices – 14%
- Laptop hardware components
- Mobile device types (tables, smart phones, VR headsets, etc)
- Set up mobile devices (syncing and networking)
Exam Domain 2.0 Networking – 20%
- Networking hardware devices (routers, switches, firewalls, etc)
- Configure a basic SOHO network (wireless access points, IP addressing, IoT devices, etc)
- Networking configuration concepts (IPv4 vs. IPv6, DNS, VPNs, etc)
- Internet connections and network types (cable, DSL, Fiber, LANs, etc)
Exam Domain 3.0 Hardware – 27%
- Cables and connectors (USB, Ethernet, HDMI, Lightning, Thunderbolt, etc)
- Motherboards, CPUs, power supplies, RAM, hard drives and SSDs
- Peripherals (printers, monitors, keyboards, microphones, etc)
- Given a scenario, exploit local host vulnerabilities
- Summarize physical security attacks related to facilities
- Given a scenario, perform post-exploitation techniques
Exam Domain 4.0 Virtualization and Cloud Computing – 12%
- Cloud computing (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, elasticity, on-demand cloud services, cloud file storage, etc)
- Client-side virtualization (virtual machines, emulators, hypervisors)
Exam Domain 5.0 Hardware and Network Troubleshooting – 27%
- Resolve problems with best practices and industry standards
- Troubleshoot RAM, motherboards, CPUs, power supplies, hard drives, display issues
- Troubleshoot mobile device issues, printers, wired/wireless networks
Exam Codes :CompTIA A+ 220-1001 (Core 1) and 220-1002 (Core 2)
Candidates must complete both 1001 and 1002 to earn certification. Exams cannot be combined across the series.
Exam Description of CompTIA A+
CompTIA A+ 220-1001 covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting.
CompTIA A+ 220-1002 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
Number of Questions:Maximum of 90 questions per exam
Type of Questions : Multiple choice questions (single and multiple response), drag and drops and performance-based
Length of Test: 90 Minutes per exam
Passing Score:220-1001: 675 (on a scale of 100-900)
220-1002: 700 (on a scale of 100-900)
Price $226 USD