What does a Scrum Master do when at Job?
So now that you have studied hard, read so many online articles took so many prep tests, even took a UDEMY Course to pass the Scrum Master Certification, heck even passed it. Some had challenging exams, while some are easy peasy lemon squeezy
So now what? Is the real-world different then what you have been taught? The question you keep asking yourself: “Do I just simply apply what I learned theoretically in the real world? Is it that easy?”
Ask any Scrum Master(Like me) and ask how different it is at a job then what they teach you in the class? My guess is most of Scrum Master’s will say.. “Hmm… Not quite the same and definitely not that easy”.
With the Training you definitely get the basics, you understand the concept, you know key words, key terminology, but we all know in the real world, no matter what job you are in it’s always different.
We all adapt, we start to learn from our experience, and we learn every day something new and you’d wish “Man… I wish someone would have shared with me some real-world experience”.
I am trying to be that someone, who would like to share some real-world experience and how I faced it and you will most likely face it as well. Because I was not able to find that someone or guru or any discussion forum to give you an inside on what does a Scrum Master does in each Scrum Ceremonies and what kind of reality he/she faces as a Scrum Master or maybe I didn’t’ simply search well in Google.
And Importantly with all due respect, I am not going to try and make this a 3-4 hour long course. It’s simply boring and I know you won’t take it seriously!!
I will keep it short, precise, and hopefully to the point. I am coming up with an advanced level of this course later this year, with more real experience to share and how Emotional Intelligence, Branding yourself, Program Increment(PI) Planning, will provide One Free Coaching to students..are just some of the topics I will cover along with Scrum Ceremonies.
What you’ll learn
- In this course, you will be learning What does a Scrum Master Really does in the Scrum Ceremonies. I am sharing the Real-world Experience I faced and how I tackled it successfully & some unsuccessfully.
- Will try to paint a real picture so it helps the To-Be Scrum Master a sense of confidence and also helping some new and experienced Scrum Master try some of the ways I have tackled being a good servant leader.
- I will also share what “To-DOs” and “Not To-DOs” to do as a Scrum Master in the Scrum Ceremonies.
- Ask me any questions in the Q&A Session.
- What to do before each Scrum Ceremonies, During each Scrum Ceremonies and After Scrum Ceremonies. Ceremonies I will cover are:
- Daily Stand-Up
- Iteration Planning
- Backlog Refinement/Grooming
- Other Important Meetings, apart from Scrum Ceremonies which you will need to participate and maybe even facilitate. Examples: DEMO Meeting, Scrum of Scrum, Team’s Code Review Sessions, etc
- How to Capture Velocity, Capacity of the team.
What you will Get? Apart from the real experience knowledge, below is what should help you get started the first day or be a better Scrum Master:
- Capacity Template(Hourly tracking and Story Point Tracking Template) – Excel Format
- Retrospective Agenda – Word Format
- Each Scrum Ceremonies Task Checklist- Word Format
- Each Scrum Ceremonies Meeting Agenda Points – Word Format
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- There is no formal prerequisite for this course.
- A good understanding of the Agile process
- Good understanding of Scrum Process
- Some SAFe Process Familiarities
- Empathy – I personally believe to be a successful Scrum Master, Empathy is a key.
Who this course is for:
- Prospective Scrum Master
- Current Scrum Master
- Any team members (Dev, QA, Product Owner) who wants to be a Scrum Master
- Anyone interested in knowing what does a Scrum Master really does in each Scrum Ceremonies and how he/she faces some situation with the team.
And if you think you have not learned anything new and/or are not satisfied with the course, I offer 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee.